In this episode, Tony and I talk about ways we can really enhance our sleep, the Beauty benefits and some common things that may be causing you to not get enough shut eye! We talk about everything from external and internal stimulants to hormones and rhythms. Are you having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? This is the podcast for you!
Then, I interview the lovely Rachel Brathen, also known as Yoga Girl for Part Two of this powerful interview! Rachel is the leader of yoga workshops and retreats all around the world, and she’s the founder of a wonderful new online platform and healing community called oneOeight. Rachel and I dive deeper into Rachel’s story, mission and future endeavors!
- Tony and I discuss how you can’t cheat your hormones and how you can’t have coffee to feel more awake and expect your body to be producing the optimal level of hormones…
- An hour or two less sleep than you need can result in a significant reduction in growth hormones, testosterone and then also in elevated cortisol…
- There’s some people that claim that they can get away with less sleep but it’s usually an adaptation…
- We cover the best hours for extreme rejuvenation in terms of your production of melatonin…
- Research shows this one thing can count towards your sleep hours…
- Rachel Brathen shares her past and what she has gone through to form the powerful message that she gives today…
- How Yoga Girl has grown her audience very organically through authenticity, passion and love…
- How to find balance and happiness in your life, through self-love and passion…
- All about Rachel’s new platform oneOeight!
Swedish native Rachel Brathen is a New York Times best-selling author, motivational speaker and international yoga teacher residing in Aruba. After graduating school in Stockholm she traveled to Costa Rica and it was here that she found the joy of incorporating yoga into her everyday life. Deepening her yoga practice and also taking her first steps towards teaching, she ended up moving to Central America where she spent years exploring the intricate studies of yoga and spirituality.
After moving to Aruba early 2010 she started teaching yoga full time on this Caribbean island. Her classes are a dynamic Vinyasa Flow integrating alignment, core work, and breathing techniques with basic poses and creative sequencing. With close to two million followers in social media, Brathen shares pieces of her life with the world every day and constantly travels the globe to connect with her community.
In Rachel’s new book YOGA GIRL, where she gives readers an in-depth look at her journey from her self-destructive teenage years to the bohemian and beautiful life she’s built through yoga and meditation in Aruba today.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
Follow the conversation on my Instagram
Comment on my Facebook Page
Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- You Can’t Get Too Much Sleep
- Lose Sleep, Gain Weight: Another Piece of the Obesity Puzzle
- Role of Sleep and Sleep Loss in Hormonal Release and Metabolism
- Could “Over-Sleeping” Make You More Beautiful?
Yoga Girl Interview: