Over the last weekend I was feeling very inspired by the flavors of the holiday season, so I created these delicious Raw Pumpkin Spice Truffles! I gave them out as gifts, and we started carrying them at Glow Bio. This recipe will surely be a crowd favorite at your holiday party this year due to the perfectly-balanced flavors of the pumpkin pie spice paired with the sweetness of the coconut flakes and dates. I really enjoy creating truffles as a dessert option because they are just enough to quell a craving or have a treat, without going overboard. :)
This time of year can be stressful with shopping, parties, events and the change of routine. A great way to bring everyone together is to share this seasonal holiday treat. You may have felt in the past that you couldn’t enjoy an event as much because there was nothing Beauty Detox-friendly to enjoy. A great way of switching that feeling around is bringing your favorite dish and sharing it with the people around you. I recommend trying this recipe out as a great one to share!
These Raw Pumpkin Spice Truffles will surely be a conversation starter at your next event. You can let everyone know that the delicious creation they are eating is not only vegan but also raw! :) You can enjoy the almonds in their full nutrition, without their amino acids (which build protein) being denatured by cooking. You only need 7 easily-accessible ingredients to get going on this recipe.
Below are a few step-by-step photos to help you get started…
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1⅓ teaspoons organic pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons stevia
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth- including the coconut flakes.
- Roll up your sleeves, take a small amount of the mixture, and roll small balls between your palms. Add your love!
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours to help the truffles harden. If you are pressed for time, you can stick them in the freezer for an hour or so before serving. Extras are great to store in the fridge for a week, or freeze for even longer!
Please be sure to share your recipe creations with me and use the hasthag #beautydetoxrecipe if you post on social, as I love seeing your lovely dishes!
Eat well and be well :).
Sending my love,