In this episode, Tony and I talk about Sneaky Sources of Toxicity. Toxins don’t just come from food! We go over sneaky ways toxins get into your system and how to protect yourself. Tony and I get to the bottom of many sources of toxicity and how they affect your health and overall beauty. We stress the importance of creating consciousness around toxins that surround you in your daily life. We highlight everything from cleaning products, laundry products, air fresheners, beauty products and more!
Next, my very special guest is someone I loves dearly, the amazingly talented and beautiful Dita Von Teese. Dita has been a long-term client, friend and Beauty Detox follower. Dita and I speak about how Dita got started in her career, beauty rituals, inspiration, lifestyle choices as well as the inside scoop on her new book Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour. Listen in now to find out what is the driving force behind all of Dita’s passion and creativity!
- How to identify toxins we don’t normally think about…
- Creating consciousness around pesticides in your food…
- Indoor pollution can be worse than outdoor pollution…
- Tony and I speak about how toxins can affect your hormones and health…
- Tony goes over some specifics you should look for in your cleaning products…
- Dita talks about WHY she truly loves glamour…
- Dita and I speak about her new book Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour…
- Dita speaks about what who thinks are strong role models and why…
- How to really create seduction…
- The reason why Dita loves finding a beautiful thing in everybody that walks by…
- Dita’s secret to glowing skin and more energy…
About Dita Von Teese
Born Heather Sweet in West Branch, Michigan, Dita Von Teese grew up fascinated by the Golden Age of Cinema, pin-up imagery, and vintage lingerie. This naturally blond, Midwestern girl then transformed herself into a glamour girl like those she admired. Performing striptease since 1992, she is the biggest name in burlesque in the world since Gypsy Rose Lee and is credited with bringing the art form back into the spotlight with a new sense of elegance and sophistication.
Taking audiences on a journey into fantasy and spectacle, Dita is renowned for her ornate sets and dazzling haute-couture performance costumes adorned with hundreds of thousands of Swarovski crystals. Dita also brought burlesque to prime time television in the States when she appeared as a guest star on CSI and performed her classic Martini Glass show in one of their highest rated episodes to date which was billed as “too hot to handle.”
In addition to her burlesque shows, Dita is a self-styled fashion icon, topping best-dressed lists all over the world. Featured on Vanity Fair’s International Best Dressed List 2013, Dita has recently expanded into her own distinct brands. Her lingerie collection debuted exclusively with Bloomingdale’s in the U.S. in March 2014, and has expanded to other popular U.S. and international retailers.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! 🙂
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
Sneaky Sources of Toxicity Segment
- Great resource on which cleaners are safe
- Hall of Shame for Household Products
- More Affordable Vacuum with HEPA Filter
- Air Filter
- Here’s the Shower Filter I Use and Recommend
Dita Von Teese Interview:
- Dita Von Teese
- Your Beauty Mark: The Ultimate Guide to Eccentric Glamour
- The Glowing Green Smoothie®