In this episode, Tony and I are going to talk about a topic that comes up every year, and that is…eating during the holidays. No matter what you’ve heard, it’s always good to get re-inspired to start the holiday season off on a healthy(ier) and balanced foot. :) If you’ve ever struggled on how to eat healthy at Thanksgiving or during the holiday period in general, you’re not alone! That’s why Tony and I have dedicated this entire segment to how to navigate the tricky waters of holiday parties. Included topics are when to let go and just enjoy, how to plan ahead, the best way to communicate with others who challenge or critique your diet, and much more.
Next, we have my very special guest Joanna Vargas who is a celebrity esthetician, founder and owner of the Joanna Vargas Salons in New York and LA, and an expert in the beauty industry. Joanna’s results-driven treatments and products are a favorite among celebrities, supermodels, socialites, editors, and women who simply want the best for their skin. Listen in as Joanna and I discuss all things skin and how you can be beautiful from the inside out.
- We share first and foremost, how it’s progress not perfection when it comes to the holiday season…
- How you can enjoy your food while being diligent about your portion sizes…
- How a positive morning routine can have a positive effect on the rest of your day…
- What steps to take to avoid splurging when under pressure…
- We discuss the Beauty Detox Thanksgiving Guide and what our favorite recipes are…
- Ways to let go and be authentic, while avoiding judgement…
- We discuss how diet is a big part of having healthy skin…
- Joanna shares her general philosophy for great skin…
- How to incorporate healthy habits to avoid living with bad skin…
- We discuss some of the cleansing contraptions that are on the market and what are healthy alternatives…
- If microdermabrasion treatments are good for all skin types…
- Joanna explains oxygen treatment and how/if they work…
- We address anti-aging treatments and if they are suggested for regular use…
- What radiofrequency is and how often you should do this treatment…
- We talk about changes that can be made in your daily routine for overall health…
About Joanna Vargas
Joanna Vargas has been focused on one thing: beautiful skin. Combining her commitment to plant-based ingredients and her passion for science, Joanna’s nature-meets-technology approach has made her one of the most sought out estheticians and experts in the beauty industry today.
Bringing her background in photography and women’s studies into the beauty industry, Joanna navigated her way through her early days as a facialist at one of New York City’s first organic spas and a specialist at a top celebrity dermatologist’s office before striking out on her own.
In creating her signature services, she combined all natural skincare products with proven techniques including microcurrent, microdermabrasion, oxygen infusions, and LED light therapy to deliver immediate results. As her practice evolved and expanded to both coasts, Joanna was inspired to apply her philosophy to a namesake skincare collection, making it possible for clients and fans everywhere to maintain their skin at home.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! ?
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to express your highest potential of your authentic and natural beauty from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
Here’s the dedicated guide Kimberly mentioned for a super delicious, Beauty Detox Thanksgiving Guide!
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Thanksgiving Meal Planning: Beauty Detox Recipes Everyone Will Love!
- Beat the Holiday Bloat by Adding These 3 Items to Your Diet
- How to Help Your Kids Eat Healthier Around the Holidays!
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- The Beauty Detox Solution
Joanna Vargas’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- How To Survive The Holidays & No Meat Athlete on Eating a Plant-Based Diet as an Athlete! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 9]
- The Calorie Myth Explored, Everything You Have Been Dying To Know About Essential Oils and Aromatherapy! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 7]
- Interview with Marvel Super Hero, Anthony Mackie and Realistic Goal Setting Tips for 2016! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 19]
- Yoga Alchemy With Shiva Rea & Winter Foods To Try Today! [BIO Podcast: Ep 23]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,