In this episode, Tony and I are going to talk about a practice that we should all try to develop, especially around the holidays and the beginning of a new year… and that is- gratitude. With the increase in stress around the holidays, one of the best ways to counter it and feel good is by developing a gratitude practice. In this segment, Tony and I review the research around gratitude—and go over some easy, doable tips for bringing beautiful gratitude into your life each day!
Next, we have my very special guest Christy Coleman, who is a fashion and celebrity makeup artist and head of Creative Design for Beauty Counter. Christy was the first major makeup artist to “green” her makeup kit. She shares everything from makeup application tips to behind the scenes insights that tell the story of how she helped create their products. We look forward to sharing her story with all of you Beauties, and tips on how to make wiser choices when it comes to what we put on our skin, especially makeup.
- Tony and I discuss how gratitude can enhance our whole lives…
- How to work in gratitude into our daily life…
- We talk about brain training at the Biocybernaut Institute and the amazing benefits it brings in going forward and living a more joyful life…
- What practice we should be applying every night before we go to bed…
- How writing down your thoughts can be extremely valuable with your gratitude goals…
- Ways to incorporate meditation into our daily lives…
- Christy shares what motivated her to make the switch to all green, eco-friendly, and natural makeup…
- What makeup should be upgraded when starting the transition to healthier choices…
- We discuss which products have “tag along” ingredients and what that means…
- How our eyes are affected by the mascaras we choose and what to be aware of…
- What the largest organ is and how to take care of it…
- Ways to read labels and which products to steer clear of…
- Christy shares how Beauty Counter is prized and loved for it’s transparency, and what that means for us…
- How to be more conscious and aware of the beauty industry and ways to make better choices…
About Christy Coleman
Christy’s father was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease, when Christy was living in New York, working as a top fashion and celebrity makeup artist. She realized that the the formulas she was using included ingredients like formaldehyde had been linked to Lou Gehrig’s, and were prevalent in the cosmetics she used on herself and her clients everyday.
Once Christy started to buy her makeup from more ingredient-restrictive countries, this was the beginning of a year-long process, mixing and matching non-toxic products for her soon-to-be cleaned up makeup kit. She was among the first celebrity makeup artist to green her makeup kit, and set the trend for seeking out cleaner, performance-driven cosmetics. The heart of why she shows up to work everyday is to affect change – and to educate and empower women to use cleaner cosmetics.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! ?
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower YOU to express your highest potential of your natural beauty from the inside out. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Interesting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in feeling and being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good synopsis from Harvard
- More research to consider
- Life-changing neurofeedback training/intensive
- The Amazing Healing Power of Gratitude
- 10 Best Non-Toxic Beauty Products/Tips to Get Your Summer Glow
- Obtain Natural Beauty with Safe Cosmetics
- 8 Tips for Gorgeous Skin WITHOUT Expensive Products!
- The Beauty Detox Solution
(If you’re interested in the Biocybernaut neurofeedback training, please email email@example.com and mention Kimberly sent you.)
Christy Coleman’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Interview with Marvel Super Hero, Anthony Mackie and Realistic Goal Setting Tips for 2016! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 19]
- Demystifying Health Skin With Joanna Vargas & Holiday Eating Tips! [BIO Podcast: Ep 113]
- Change Your Energy by Using Essential Oils With Charlynn Avery and Healing Acne Naturally [BIO Podcast: Ep 53]
- Overcoming Grief with Kristin Meekhof & The Magic of Morning Rituals [BIO Podcast: Ep 69]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,