In this episode, Tony and I are going to talk about an interesting topic that has become somewhat of a health trend, and that is- activated charcoal. Have you heard of it? It being marketed as the ultimate panacea and detoxifier, praised for its ability to absorb toxins of all kinds and help our digestive system rebalance. But the truth is, the research around activated charcoal is much more mixed—with little conclusive evidence that charcoal does everything it’s touted to do. Listen in, as we crack open the truths behind this trend.
Next, we have my very special friend and guest Deepak Chopra, MD, who is my co-author on Radical Beauty and was named by Time Magazine as one of the most iconic thinkers of the century. Listen in as we discuss one of the pillars from Radical Beauty, that is critical for long-term health.
- Tony shares some interesting facts about how long research has been going on with regards to activated charcoal on humans and the results…
- We discuss the importance of being mindful of new trends and thoroughly doing your research…
- How activated charcoal could be taking away healthy nutrients along with the bad toxins, and if it’s a product we should rely on…
- Deepak discusses Pillar Three in our Radical Beauty book regarding the importance of sleep…
- We discuss the different stages of sleep and how they are connected to the four rhythms of the universe…
- How our body cleanses and repairs itself during our sleeping hours…
- We share how the quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your day and ways to improve it…
- Ways to manage stress and improve your sleeping patterns…
- Deepak explains your innermost being and how to be authentic…
About Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra is the founder of The Chopra Foundation and co-founder of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing. Deepak is a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation, and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, Clinical Professor at UCSD Medical School, Researcher, Neurology and Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and world Huffington post surveyes ranked Chopra #17 influential thinker in the world and #1 in Medicine.
Deepak Chopra is the author of more than 85 books translated into over 43 languages, including numerous New York Times best sellers. An expert in the field of mind-body healing, Deepak Chopra is a world-renowned speaker and author on the subject of alternative medicine.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Amazing compilation and overview of the research
- How Certain Foods Can Change Your Mood
- A Definitive Guide to Healthy Bowels
- What You Ought To Know About Food Allergies
- 12 Superfoods for a Healthier Lifestyle
- My Top 6 Tips For Better Sleep!
- Getting More Sleep Naturally…For Beauty and Weight-Loss
- My Top Tips For Restful Sleep Using An Evening Routine
- The Beauty Detox Solution
- Radical Beauty: How To Transform Yourself from the Inside Out
Deepak Chopra’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Interview with Marvel Super Hero, Anthony Mackie and Realistic Goal Setting Tips for 2016! [BIO Podcast: Ep. 19]
- Expand Your Awareness With Dr. James Hardt & Profoundly Change Your Life with Brainwave Training! [BIO Podcast: Ep 111]
- A Good Night’s Sleep Is More Beautifying Than You May Think! [BIO Podcast: Ep.17]
- Insider Beauty Tips with Dita Von Teese & Sneaky Sources Of Toxicity! [BIO Podcast: Ep 33]
Enjoy the podcast!
With love and gratitude,