In this episode of the “Beauty Inside Out Podcast”— I share my experience of traveling to Sri Lanka, eating much more rice than I normally do and LOSING weight, and some possible research to explain why this happened.
In the second segment, I interview renowned Ayurvedic professor and physician, Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S—or Dr. Jay as many know him—and dive into the amazing, 6,000-year-old tradition of Ayurvedic Medicine and how it can help restore your sleep, digestion, weight and beauty.
- Why carbs may not be the enemy we’ve been told they are…
- How I ate much more carbs than normal, including white rice, and lost weight on my trip—while maintaining the same activity levels…
- Another blow to the Calorie Myth: Why eating wheat produces more weight gain and heart issues than the exact same amount of rice…
- What makes Ayurveda different from Western Medicine and why it works so well…
- The first step ANYONE must take in attempting to transform their health and beauty…
- How much sleep do you personally need?
- Ayurvedic beauty tips for clear skin… thicker, fuller hair and much more!
About Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C)—or Doctor Jay as we affectionately call him—received his Bachelors degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive Masters degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Bangalore. Dr. Jayagopal completed Yoga teacher’s training course from Atma Darshan, Bihar school of Yoga. In addition to his twelve years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently he is teaching as chair and associate Prof. dept. of Ayurveda at American University of Complementary Medicine.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance!
Check This Out:
- This is Dr. Jay’s website and it’s an amazing source of information, products and more. As you see from this podcast, he’s a wealth of knowledge. Highly recommended!
- For a delicious recipe Kimberly learned while in Sri Lanka, check out her creamy pumpkin curry! It can be eaten with or without rice, and is incredibly savory and delicious.
- If you’d like to know more about the spices commonly used in Ayurveda, this post outlines how you can use them to help restore balance.
- Since Kimberly discusses Ayurveda and Doshas, here is a quiz from the Chopra Center (Deepak will be a guest on the podcast soon!) that helps you determine your personal makeup and what it means for you. Definitely check it out!
Research Cited in This Podcast:
With love and gratitude,