Tony and I are back to talk about a topic that many of you have asked about, especially with summer right around the corner: what kind of sunscreen to use and the effects of sun exposure. Today we are going to cover everything from the benefits to potential negative effects the sun rays can have on us Beauties. Tony and I discuss our ancestry and if this plays a part on how our bodies react to the sun, and how much sun exposure is actually safe to get in order to reap important health benefits. And finally, we talk about the differences in sun protection products we need to be aware of and what we should use to protect our skin.
Next, we have a very special guest today named Jason Wrobel. He is the host of the first vegan cooking show on television, How to Live to 100. He has a new book called Eaternity which has more than 150 Deliciously Easy Vegan Recipes. He is a talented vegan chef and is the host of the popular YouTube channel, The J-Wro Show®, showcasing healthy recipes, lifestyle transformation tips and culinary comedy.
Listen in to our conversation as we discuss Jason’s approach to being vegan and how he took plant-based cuisine and nutrition to the mainstream, and his initial motivation that led him down the rabbit hole of health.
- How some limited exposure to the sun is actually really beneficial…
- How avoiding the sun can actually have some detrimental effects…
- Specific ways- and myths- on how the sun really causes sun damage…
- The balance to sun exposure for our health…
- What products to steer clear of and how to find a healthy alternative…
- How Jason approached being vegan…
- How he went from YouTube to mainstream media in educating others about being vegan…
- Jason shares how he took a honest look at his own eating habits and the way he was living…
About Jason Wrobel
Jason Wrobel is a world-renowned leader in organic raw vegan cuisine, culinary education and epicurean entertainment. With a focus on radical simplicity and artful presentation, he imbues his ecstatic raw food creations with the energy of fresh, local, organic produce and the healing properties of raw superfoods, which have rendered his dishes hands-down favorites among celebrity clients, and regular folk alike, who rave about his healthy, innovative and delicious plant-based creations.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in!
If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Overview of sunscreen products that are less toxic and safer
- What the EWG has found about sun and skin cancer and how to deal with it in a less toxic way
- An alternate viewpoint on sun and cancer; not saying we agree with this, but it does present some interesting research that is food for thought
- Do I Need to Be Vegan/Vegetarian
- Do I Need To Be A Vegetarian? Kimberly Snyder Addresses Your Questions
- 5 Easy Ways To Transition Your Diet
- How To Help Friends And Family Transition Into Beauty Detox
- How To Follow Beauty Detox
- Blossoming Beauty Diary
Jason Wrobel Interview