Here is the perfect cookie to share with friends and loved ones during these hot summer days!
My Vegan Creamsicle Coconut Cookies are 100% vegan, gluten-free and are naturally sweetened from the dates and maple syrup. Top that off with the crunch from coconut flakes, the heartiness from the oats and the aromatic orange zest and you’ve got a simply awesome treat- and without the beauty busting white flour, refined sugar, dairy and improperly combined ingredients.
Yep, I got you! :)
I personally am 100% plant-based and do not eat any animal products at all. I do not believe there is any nutritional reason to include animal protein in your diet, and I believe that a plant-based diet is cleaner, more energizing, healthier and will support your natural beauty. But you can still include some animal products if you choose to, and follow Beauty Detox. The key is to eat a larger percentage of nutrient-dense plant foods and smaller portion sizes of meat.
Many of you may still be transitioning from your previous diets to the Beauty Detox guidelines and may want to use eggs as a personal preference— although in this recipe you’ll find I use Ener-G egg replacer.
Let’s all do our best and try to improve – starting by staying plant-based in the mornings and having your Glowing Green Smoothie, and then incorporating more plant-based recipes such as this one and you will be well on your way! Check out the super simple prep work for this recipe:
Don’t forge to add these babies to your Pinterest Snack & Dessert board and satisfy anyone’s sweet-tooth! ;)
Check out the full recipe below…
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut water
- ½ cup dates, de-pitted, soaked, drained
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 ½ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons modified tapioca starch (I used Expandex)
- 6 tbsp. Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the ¼ cup coconut flakes and ¼ cup coconut sugar and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the coconut water, dates, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil and process until fairly smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl several times. Pour this mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Blend the old fashioned oatmeal in a blender until it turns to a fine flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oatmeal flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, orange zest, Egg replacer and water mixture, baking powder and salt. Pour the date mixture into the dry mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Scoop up enough dough to make a 1½″ ball. Roll in the sugar-coconut mixture and place on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove parchment paper from cookie sheets to counter.
- Loosen the cookies from parchment paper and allow to fully cool on flat surface.
In love and health,