In this episode, Tony and I dive deeper into the increasingly hot topic of intermittent fasting. We discuss the science, the different approaches, the risks, and how to best incorporate some of its best practices within the context of the Beauty Detox approach.
Next, we have my very special guest Dr. Jay, who is my personal Ayurvedic teacher and is also an amazing Ayurvedic practitioner. He is very passionate about spreading Ayurveda to the West in hopes of assisting others elevate their health and vibrancy. Listen in as we chat about a topic that is prevalent among so many of us women… PMS. We will talk about everything from irritation to bloating, and what you can do about it, from the Ayurvedic perspective.
- Tony shares the origins of intermittent dieting and the premise of the book, The Warrior Diet...
- We discuss some of the benefits to intermittent fasting as it relates to Beauty Detox…
- We discuss some of the pitfalls to intermittent dieting…
- How the Glowing Green Smoothie provides an abundance of nutrients without the extreme “emptiness”…
- We talk about exercise and how this fits into intermittent dieting…
- Dr. Jay shares good news on how a healthy menstrual cycle can possibly be promoted through Ayurveda practices…
- We discuss the lunar rhythm and what it means for our monthly cycles…
- How to be more mindful when it comes to exercise during this time of the month…
- We discuss what contributes to loss of our menstrual cycles as well as what can contribute to cramping…
- How hormonal imbalance and our food choices have an impact on PMS…
- What body types are more prone to period issues…
- Dr. Jay shares how to find relief through herbs, spices and foods…
About Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.
Dr. Parla S Jayagopal BAMS, MD (Ayurveda), MAOM (C)—or Doctor Jay as we affectionately call him—received his Bachelor’s degree in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) after completing five and a half years of training from Bangalore University. He also pursued three years of education to receive his Master’s degree in Ayurvedic herbology from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
In addition to his twelve years of clinical experience, Dr. Jayagopal has traveled to Europe and Japan to propagate the science of Ayurveda. Currently he is teaching as chair and associate Prof. dept. of Ayurveda at American University of Complementary Medicine, which offers Clinical Doctorate in Ayurveda (AyD)/PhD programs.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Good overview of what intermittent fasting is and the benefits
- Explains some of the different ways to do it, including how to time meals and eating
- The classic Glowing Green Recipe, perfect way to start your day and get many of the benefits of intermittent fasting—without being hungry!
- How to Speed Up Your Metabolism
- Naturally Boost Your Metabolism in This Key Organ
- The Beauty Detox Solution
- The End of Painful Periods & Dioxin-Free Tampons
- Top Ayurvedic Remedies for Menstrual Cramps and Irregular Cycles (Video)
- Organic Shatavari
Parla Jayagopal, B.A.M.S.’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- A Good Night’s Sleep Is More Beautifying Than You May Think! [BIO Podcast: Ep.17]
- Summer Aromatherapy Tips & How To Support Your Lymphatic System [BIO Podcast: Ep 65]
- Better Sleep with Dr. Parsley and How To Fight Fatigue Naturally! [BIO Podcast: Ep 31]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
With love and gratitude,