In this episode, Tony and I discuss an increasing hot weight loss trend that involves not eating carbs during the day, but rather, at night. We look into the pro’s and con’s and whether this is a good strategy for you—as well as how it would look in the context of a Beauty Detox approach.
Next, we have a special guest named Maya Tiwari, who is an Ayurvedic teacher and author. For over thirty years, Maya has put this ability to inspire and create change in human behavior and understanding. She is the author of The Path of Practice: A Woman’s Book of Ayurvedic Healing“. Listen in as Maya shares her story and insight.
- Tony discussed the theory behind eating carbs at night…
- What is ketosis and are there health benefits to applying this method in your life…
- We discuss the best times for applying the ketosis method and what to do prior…
- How the type of exercise you apply to your ketosis routine plays a vital role in seeing results…
- Different body types and metabolism and if this has any effect on your progress…
- How the Beauty Detox lifestyle can contribute to mindful and intelligent food choices…
- We share some whole, natural food choices from the Beauty Detox plan, that will support your system and help you lose weight…
- Maya shares some insight into her background with ovarian cancer and how she faced this and other challenges…
- How faith in a divine ordinance impacted her life and future choices…
- Maya shares her thoughts on Mother Nature and menstruation in connection with the lunar cycle…
- We discuss the topic of Shaktri and how it’s a creative and sustaining force…
- We share simple at-home tips that can help us live with the cycles of the moon…
- Benefits of the practice of self-saging
About Maya Tiwari
A spiritual pioneer, Maya Tiwari serves humanity by awakening the spirit of ahimsa, or harmony, in every person whose life she touches. For over thirty years, she has put this ability to inspire and create change in human behavior and understanding to work -through education, outreach, and service to humankind.
Maya established the Wise Earth School of Ayurveda in 1981, with the vision of restoring the long lost Inner Medicine® principles and practices of Ayurveda, known as sadhana. Maya is also the founder of both the Mother Om Mission and the Living Ahimsa Foundation.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :)
There’s lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? I talk about my knowledge, philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Lively discussions and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yoginis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. My passion is to educate, inspire and empower YOU to become your most beautiful self from the inside out.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Overviews the main concept and science, please ignore any ads or recommendations, just treat this as an introduction and scientific link to the concept
- Study on insulin early in day versus later
- Study on Israeli police officers who ate carbs at night and lost more weight; has some issues, however, as mentioned in the podcast
- The One Day Cleanse
- Glowing Green Smoothie ® (GGS)
- Candida Glowing Green Smoothie
- Dharma’s Kale Salad Recipe
- Power Protein Smoothie Recipe
- How to Speed Up Your Metabolism
- Naturally Boost Your Metabolism in This Key Organ
- The Beauty Detox Solution
- Top Ayurvedic Remedies for Menstrual Cramps and Irregular Cycles (Video)
Maya Tiwari’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Summer Aromatherapy Tips & How To Support Your Lymphatic System [BIO Podcast: Ep 65]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- Women’s Health and Fertility with Bridget Danner & Mindful Eating Lessons [BIO Podcast: Ep 41]
With love and gratitude,