More and more research is emerging about the importance of mitochondria, which are “energy factories” within your cells. Many modern trends, like pollution, blue light, poor sleep and unhealthy food have put our mitochondria under assault – but there are ways to repair and optimize your mitochondria, and that’s what this segment is all about!
Next, we have my very special guest, Ryan Black, who is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sambazon. Ryan shares his personal journey of discovering acai and creating a sustainable business with it exporting it. Find out how acai is grown and harvested in the Amazon in a way that protects the forests and benefits local farmers. Listen in as we share how acai can be used to replenish your post-workout drinks and keep you in line with your Beauty Detox goals to help you reach your highest potential in your health, energy and beauty.
- Tony and I discuss the powerhouse of our cells, mitochondria…
- Tony shares some basic knowledge about mitochondria as the factories of our cells…
- How improving our mitochondria can have a positive effect on our performance…
- We talk about Beauty Detox and how it is beneficial for mitochondria…
- We share specific tips and practices that are great for mitochondria…
- Why high intensity workouts can be beneficial…
- We discuss sulfur-rich foods and which are recommended…
- Why acai is so powerful and what the health benefits are in consuming it…
- Why acai is harvested only in the Amazon and how it’s protected…
- Ryan shares how he got into the acai Business and started with Sambazon…
- We discuss Sambazon’s policy on sustainability and what it does for the local people of the region…
- We discuss acai fits into the Beauty Detox food-pairing lifestyle…
- Ways to incorporate acai into your diet…
- We share some of our favorite recipes when using Acai…
About Ryan Black
The co-founder and CEO of Sambazon, a manufacturer of organic acai berry and Amazon superfood-based consumer and industrial products. Ryan helped create the company following a surf trip to Brazil in 1999 where he experienced his first açaí bowl, and subsequently introduced açaí to the U.S. market.
Sambazon is vertically integrated to source its primary raw material, acai, directly from forest communities and to participate in the health and sustainability of these communities. Ryan created the Sustainable Amazon Partnership in 2003, which supports lasting sustainable management of the Brazilian Amazon through various social projects in conjunction with local non-profits.
About Tony Flores, a long-time friend of Kimberly who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community!
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- All about Mitochondria
- Basics on mitochondria
- Inflammation and mitochondria
- Exercise and mitochondria
- 9 Foods that Cause Inflammation and 9 Ways to Fight it
- Kimberly Snyder on Inflammation and Circulation
- Rainforest Acai Smoothie Recipe
- Acai Purple Beauty Angel Smoothie Recipe
- Chocolate Acai Delight Smoothie Recipe
- New Recipe: Raw Acai Fudge
- The Beauty Food Pairing Cheat Sheet! (INFOGRAPHIC)
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
Ryan Black’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- Yoga Alchemy With Shiva Rea & Winter Foods To Try Today! [BIO Podcast: Ep 23]
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- Goals and Intent with Mallika Chopra & Best Practices For Spring [BIO Podcast: Ep 47]
Hope you enjoy the podcast!!
In love and health,