The idea of having “cheat meals” or “cheat days” has become a big trend; but is it a fad or based on real science? In this segment, Tony and I discuss whether cheat meals can or should be part of Beauty Detox. And if so, how individuals should go about incorporating them into their weekly diet. Lots of surprising info and revelations in this info-packed session!
Next, I have my very special guest Russell Simmons, who is an American entrepreneur, music producer, film producer, Chairman and CEO of Rush Communications, New York Times best selling author, and founder of Tantris (whew, that’s a lot!). Russell shares what the key was in finding balance between, business, fatherhood, writing, producing and leading a healthy lifestyle. Listen is as we learn how we too can gain happiness and access to infinite creativity through mindful eating and daily meditation for overall health and well-being.
- Our research and perspective on cheat meals …
- How theoretically a cheat meal can spike your metabolism and why…
- What the challenges are when one chooses to have a cheat meal versus a cheat day…
- If cheat days affect us mentally and emotionally…
- What food alternatives we can choose that will keep us on track with a healthy lifestyle…
- How far apart should these so-called cheat meals be…
- Russell shares how he came from the music and entertainment world and into being an advocate for a plant-based life…
- We discuss what motivated Russell to become vegan and how did it change his life…
- Finding the link between diet and meditation…
- Why mindful eating and a daily meditation practice is important and how it can affect you…
- Russell talks about Tantris Yoga studio and his clothing line in Los Angeles and what inspired him to add yoga to his highly successful businesses…
- What can we all do to find the happiness that is within us all…
- How to find the key in finding balance between, business, parenthood and leading a healthy lifestyle…
About Russell Simmons
Russell has been influential in various business and media ventures including Def Jam Recordings, Phat Farm, Baby Phat, Run Athletics, Argyleculture, and Tantris, Simmons Lathan Media Group, and many more.
Russell is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Success Through Stillness, Super Rich, and Do You! A native New Yorker, Russell is the proud father of two daughters.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Have Cheat Meals
- The 90/10 Rule: Cheat Meals Actually Boost Your Metabolism And Help You Lose Weight
- The Glory of the Cheat Day
- Introducing The Beauty Detox Power Yoga Series DVD and Guidebook! Now On Sale
- 5 Reasons To Start A Yoga Home Practice Today!
- Introducing Our FREE 7-Day Guided Meditation Course – Get It Now!
- Basic Tools And Techniques To Start A Meditation Practice (Video)
- How to Get Lean and Muscular on a Beauty Detox Diet!
- 9 Simple Diet Changes For a Healthier Lifestyle
- 3 Easy Tips To Eat Healthy All Week Long!
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Russell Simmons’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Interview with Jovanka Ciares & Easy Meditation Tips [BIO Podcast: Ep 27]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Pregnancy & Breastfeeding With Jennifer Davidson & Is Cardio Bad For You? [BIO Podcast: Ep 105]
With love and gratitude,