With so much emphasis on protein, it’s easy to forget that excess protein is not only toxic (which we’ve covered extensively)–it also can’t be used by the body. The real secret to maximizing protein is actually focusing on what protein BECOMES after it’s digested: amino acids. Amino acids bring many health benefits, from muscle and metabolism to brain and beyond. Tony and I review the latest science and give you tips for maximizing your amino acid intake.
Next, I have my very special guest John Salley who is Master of Habit Change, NBA Champ, an Actor, Philanthropist, Chef, Wellness Advocate, and Entrepreneur. We talk about his passion in the fight against diabetes and his documentary “Invisible Vegan”. Listen in as John shares the many different aspects of his career and how health and fitness is a huge part of his life.
- Tony breaks down how amino acids are the building blocks of protein…
- Ways in which amino acids are beneficial for healthy skin, hair, and muscle tone…
- What digestive enzymes do for your body and why they are so important…
- Why it’s so important to include digestive enzymes into your lifestyle…
- Why we should shift our focus from protein to amino acids…
- John shares his transition from his successful basketball career to his current passions in spreading health and wellness…
- What it means for John to be a “Master of Habit Change”, and how he became a master of this change…
- How John’s journey led him to becoming a plant-based chef…
- What the documentary “Invisible Vegan” is about and where did the idea came from…
- What the Operation Smile is…
- We talk about John’s passion in the fight against diabetes…
- How John is involved with the PCRM (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine), and what his mission is with the Child Nutrition Act…
About John Salley
A proud native of Brooklyn, New York, John found a love for basketball at an early age. He accepted a Basketball Scholarship to Georgia Tech to play for legendary head coach Bobby Cremins. From there Salley went on to become a 15-year NBA veteran and was the first NBA player to win four championships with three different teams.
John is actively involved with Operation Smile, PETA and the fight against Diabetes. In addition, John is involved with PCRM and visited Washington in Nov ’09 and May ’10, speaking to Congress about the Child Nutrition Act, asking Members to support legislation that would increase vegetarian options in meals served in public schools.
John has adopted a plant-vased/vegan lifestyle, and is a frequent speaker at VegFest’s across the USA. As a Wellness Advocate, one of John’s main missions in life is to continue to educate people on the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle through better eating habits.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Why are amino acids so important?
- Pre-digested protein during workout stimulates muscle growth
- Amino acids and their significance for fat burning
- Amino acids and their significance for healthy hair
- Glowing Green Smoothie
- Power Protein Smoothie Recipe
- “Protox” – New Term for the Dangers of Eating Too Much Protein!
- What Eating Too Much Protein Does to Your Body (Yes You Can Have Too Much)
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- Plant-Based Diets for Athletes
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
John Salley’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The 411 on Colonics With Jen Gonzalez & The Truth About Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 51]
- The Power of Dreams With Kelly Sullivan Walden PT.1 & The Hidden Danger of Too Much Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 85]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
With love and gratitude,