Men sometimes seem leery of going vegan for fear of not being able to build muscle. But that’s a myth, because there’ve been many men who perform at a high level and build an abundance of muscle entirely on plant foods. In this segment, Tony and I review some examples, top foods, sample diet plans and much more for men looking to build muscle as vegans.
Next, I have my very special guest Tero Isokauppila who is the founder of Four Sigmatic. His mission is to make medicinal mushrooms, some of the world’s most researched superfoods, more accessible to everyone. Tero has a strong personal interest in health and wellness, which includes activities like making raw chocolate and practicing yin yoga. Listen in as Tero shares his passion for mushrooms, and how you can safely forage your own and implement them into your daily diets.
- Tony and I discuss the topic on building muscle and how it’s relevant for both men and women…
- How Beauty Detox is very effective in helping us build muscle and making us strong…
- We share facts and practical tips on how you can really strengthen your muscles on a Vegan plant-based diet…
- What Radical Beauty says about the amount of protein that is required in our daily intake, based on weight and gender…
- How to increase protein efficiency with SBO probiotics…
- We share healthy beauty foods to consume before and after a hard workout…
- Tero shares why he is so passionate about mushrooms vs greens or spirulina…
- We discuss the variety of mushrooms and the different properties they supply…
- If mushroom should be consumed by those who have candida issues…
- Tero talks about foraging mushrooms and how to go about it…
- We talk about if all mushrooms have a good amount of Vitamin D…
- Tero shares some tidbits from his book, Healing Mushrooms and how they are great for skin health…
- How often mushrooms should be added to your diet and how they should be prepared before consuming…
- We discuss sleep and which mushrooms can be used in getting a good night’s rest…
- Which mushrooms are the best choice to start with if a beginner…
About Tero Isokauppila
Tero Isokauppila, the founder of Four Sigmatic. Born in Finland to an agronomist father and nursing teacher mother, Tero grew up on a farm his family has owned since 1619. There, he foraged for mushrooms and other wild foods while learning about the natural food space at an early age.
Following his early education on the farm, Tero later completed a Degree in Chemistry and a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University. In 2006, he won a Finnish innovation award for discovering that the sought-after Japanese culinary matsutake mushrooms also grow in Finland.
Tero has lived in eight countries on three continents. He founded Four Sigmatic in 2012 and its products are now sold in over 25 countries. Four Sigmatic’s functional mushroom coffees, hot cacaos and elixirs are sold at retailers nationwide, including Whole Foods and other natural grocers, as well as online at FourSigmatic.com and through online health websites like Thrive Market.
Tero and Four Sigmatic have been featured in prominent media outlets, including Vogue, Time, Forbes, W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, BuzzFeed, Bon Appétit, Goop, Well+Good, MindBodyGreen and many others.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Protein in Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- How to build muscle on a plant-based or vegan diet
- Making the Vegan Diet Work
- Plant-Based Diets for Athletes
- Questions and Answers About Gaining Healthy Weight and Muscle!
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- Beauty Detox Take On ‘What The Health’!
- ‘What the Health’ Uncovers The Truth With Kip Andersen & Secret Techniques for Mastering Meditation [BIO Podcast: Ep 155]
- Glowing Green Smoothie
Power Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Raw Taco Gorilla Wraps
- 12 Superfoods for a Healthier Lifestyle
- 5 Superfoods That Improve Your Memory
- Fighting the Damaging Effects of Stress with Adaptogens
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Tero Isokauppila’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- The 411 on Colonics With Jen Gonzalez & The Truth About Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 51]
- The Power of Dreams With Kelly Sullivan Walden PT.1 & The Hidden Danger of Too Much Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 85]
- Reinventing Yourself With John Salley & The Risk Of Too Much Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 185]
- Living Your Colors with Jennifer Butler and Superfoods Worth Trying [BIO Podcast: Ep 35]
With love and gratitude,