Have you ever heard of lectins? There’s some lot of hype out there that lectins, a type of protein that binds to certain plant-cell membranes, can have unfavorable effects. In this segment, we review the lectin controversy and whether you should be worried, what to do, and how to find balance.
Next, I have my very special guest Pedram Shojai, a doctor of Oriental Medicine, New York Times bestselling author, and producer. Pedram’s mission is to help enlighten the world through education, philanthropy, innovation, and conservation. Listen in as Pedram shares his experience with stress management and tips and tools on how we can better manage our time.
- Tony shares the general thought behind lectins and which foods they are found in…
- We discuss how lectins are not all good or bad…
- What effects and benefits lectins provide…
- Which foods have lectins that act as a poison to the body…
- We share the Beauty Detox way on how to prepare and eat grains…
- How lectins can affect your gut health…
- Pedram and I discuss how we can be better at managing our time…
- How our state of consciousness has a lot to do with the time we allow ourselves for different areas of our lives…
- Why guilt is such a huge factor in our ability to say no…
- Pedram shares some of the concepts and medicine he has studied over the past 20 years…
- Pedram shares the idea and motivation behind his documentary, Vitality and what he has learned from it…
- Tips on how people can deal with stress…
About Pedram Shojai
Pedram Shojai, a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, is the New York Times bestselling author of The Urban Monk, author of The Art of Stopping Time, founder of Well.org, host of The Urban Monk podcast and filmmaker of the soon-to-be released documentary, Prosperity. Shojai is an acclaimed Qigong Master and uses Eastern thinking and practices to help himself and others overcome the Westernized challenges of everyday life.
Shojai studied biology at UCLA until he had a series of profound mystical experiences that drew him to the Eastern esoteric arts. He received his Master’s in Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College and then his OMD from the PanAmerican University.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- Do dietary lectins cause disease?
- The Next Gluten
- Going ‘lectin-free’ is the latest pseudoscience diet fad
- Plant-Based Diets for Athletes
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- Grains: To Eat Or Not To Eat?
- Multi-Grain vs. Whole Grain vs. Whole Wheat
- Fighting the Damaging Effects of Stress with Adaptogens
- The Devastating Effects of Stress…and How You Can Minimize the Damage
- 19 Ways to Stop Letting Stress Ruin Your Life
- How Can You Tell the Difference Between Good Stress and Bad Stress?
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Pedram Shojai’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Combating Stress With Dr. Emily Kiberd & Heavy Metal Detoxification! [BIO Podcast: Ep 169]
- The Calorie Myth With Jonathan Bailor & Overcoming Negativity and Self Doubt [BIO Podcast: Ep 39]
- Reinventing Yourself With John Salley & The Risk Of Too Much Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 185]
- The 411 on Colonics With Jen Gonzalez & The Truth About Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 51]
With love and gratitude,