The recent NY Times bestseller, The Plant Paradox, has brought up the question of whether certain plant foods, including nightshades and legumes, are inflammatory and toxic. In this segment, Tony and I review some key points from the book and whether we REALLY need to avoid the foods targeted in this book.
Next, I have my very special guest Sachi Kato, who is a vegan chef, photographer and co-author of The One Peaceful World Cookbook. Sachi works as a macrobiotic chef and instructor, which fulfills her passion for sharing nurturing food. Listen in as we discuss what the macrobiotic diet philosophy is, how to make shifts towards a plant-based lifestyle, and how you too can bring a happy atmosphere into your kitchen.
- Tony and I talk about some of the headlines and controversy in comparison to the Beauty Detox lifestyle…
- If plants are really the enemy and what some studies are saying…
- We define what lectins are and if they are beneficial…
- Why it’s important to seek long-term health rather than the latest diet trends…
- How going back to nature and eating a healthy balanced lifestyle with Beauty Detox is critical to a long and happy life…
- Sachi shares how she and her family transitioned from her lifestyle in Japan to being fully plant-based…
- We share some tips on how to go about setting up your kitchen and atmosphere while making shifts towards a more plant-based lifestyle…
- Sachi talks about her macrobiotic eating and diet, and how it fits into a plant-based lifestyle…
- Guidelines for cookware and eating utensils, as well as the philosophy around the presentation of macrobiotic foods…
- What foods are great for nursing mothers…
- Sachi shares what her general macrobiotic diet consists of…
- We discuss some of the protocols of an Ayurvedic diet versus a macrobiotic diet…
- What the popular spices that are typically used in the macrobiotic diet…
About Sachi Kato
Sachi is a vegan chef and educator based in Los Angeles. She has cooked for individual clients nationwide and instructed and coached many of them in macrobiotic cooking. Working as a macrobiotic chef and instructor fulfills her passion for sharing nurturing food.
Sachi’s devotion to global health and peace led her to study macrobiotics at Kushi Institutes in the U.S., Europe, and Japan where she completed the professional training course and became a certified teacher, counselor, and chef. She is a guest teacher at the Kushi Institute in Massachusetts, the world’s leading macrobiotic educational center.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- The Plant Paradox and The Oxygen Paradox: Don’t Hold Your Breath for Health
- 7 Excellent Sources of Plant Based Protein
- 7 Tips for Personalizing “Beauty Detox”, Overcoming Roadblocks and Eliminating Struggle!
- Do I Need to Be Vegan/Vegetarian?
- Is a Vegetarian Diet the Future of Food?
- Plant-Based Pregnancy Nutrition
- Grains: To Eat Or Not To Eat?
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Sachi Kato’s Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- Flipping The Gratitude Switch With Kevin Clayson & Easing Into The Beauty Detox Lifestyle [BIO Podcast: Ep 45]
- The 5am Miracle With Jeff Sanders & The Different Phases of Beauty Detox! [BIO: #59]
- Reinventing Yourself With John Salley & The Risk Of Too Much Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 185]
- The 411 on Colonics With Jen Gonzalez & The Truth About Protein [BIO Podcast: Ep 51]
With love and gratitude,