We all know about hormones and how much they affect us. This segment is ALL about how they affect one specific area of our health: weight loss. You’ll learn the top most critical hormones when it comes to weight loss, what creates imbalance, and some simple steps you can take to ensure they’re working for you—rather than against you!
Next, we have my very special guest Sarah Ribner, who is an expert on natural deodorant and skincare. She is an entrepreneur and co-founder of Piper Wai, a non-toxic deodorant company. Sarah’s success story on Shark Tank has been seen on Forbes, Shape, QVC, HSN, Self Magazine. She shares all about deodorant and lymph nodes and ingredients that work and don’t, and highlights what we should be aware of as consumers when it comes to taking care of our health and overall well-being.
- We discuss what hormones are and what they actually do in our bodies…
- How fiber-rich, nutrient-dense, plant-based and Beauty Detox diet help with hormones across the board…
- We break down what leptins, ghrelins, adiponectin, cortisol, and insulin are and how they affect the body…
- Ways to affect hormones positively…
- Sarah shares what inspired her to want to get into the field of natural deodorants and how she got started…
- We discuss why it is important to balance the PH of the underarm…
- Why “underarm cleanses” are gaining popularity and how we feel about them…
- What activated charcoal is and how it has the power to bind to and eliminate poisons from the body…
- We discuss how PiperWai has been able to navigate the waters of going up against big pharmaceuticals when conventional deodorants have such harmful chemicals in them…
- How to overcome the biggest complaints about natural deodorants and how to overcome these pitfalls…
About Sarah Ribner
It all started when Jess Edelstein decided she’d had enough of the struggle with harsh, chemical ingredients in typical deodorants that irritated her sensitive skin. There had to be better way to stay dry and odor free. So she set out to invent her own formula from completely natural ingredients that aren’t “powder fresh” and wouldn’t burn or rash. She found the answer in her own kitchen mixer, using activated charcoal, essential oils, and natural moisturizers.
The co-founders, Sarah and Jess (both finalists in Forbes 30 under 30), first became business partners in elementary school at their lemonade stand. Since airing on ABC’s Shark Tank they are making headway into the health and wellness field and have been seen on FORBES, Shape, QVC, HSN, Inc, Self, and many other outlets.
About Anthony Flores, or “T” as Kimberly affectionately refers to him: He is a long-time friend of hers who, after graduating from Stanford University, began researching and writing professionally in the health space full-time. He has a passion for natural health, especially Beauty Detox, and loves to share exciting new studies and insights he learns with Kimberly and the community! He can be found writing spiritual/inspirational words on Instagram @poetrybyanthony.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!
There are lots of ways to share your responses or questions about the podcast:
- Comment below
- Connect on Twitter: @_kimberlysnyder
- Follow the conversation on my Instagram
- Comment on my Facebook Page
- Ask a question: kimberlysnyder.com/askkimberly
Be sure to Subscribe to the Podcast, so you never miss an episode!
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
You may be really intrigued by podcasts, but you may just know how to listen or subscribe. It’s very easy, I promise! To listen to more than one episode, and to have it all in a handier way, on your phone or tablet, it’s way better to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Want to know what to expect from other episodes of the podcast, when you listen to “Beauty Inside out with Kimberly Snyder”? My passion is to inspire and empower you to be your most authentic and beautiful self. I discuss my philosophies and personal experiences on a variety of topics, including on health, beauty, nutrition, yoga, spirituality and fitness. Exciting conversations and interviews are infused with helpful tips and takeaways. From interviews with today’s top health, wellness and spirituality pioneers, authors, Ayurvedic and Western doctors, artists and entrepreneurs to yogis, spiritualists, and world-class vegan athletes, Beauty Inside Out is as informative as it is inspirational. I am here to support you in being your very best!! Thank you for tuning in :).
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
Listeners really respect the views of other listeners, so your response helps people find good material they are interested in! If you enjoyed the podcast, please tell your friends and give us a rating or review. Many thanks in advance.
[RESOURCES / INFORMATION]
- 5 Sneaky Hormones that Could be Sabotaging Your Weight Loss!
- 3 Ways To Treat THIS Invisible Cause Of Weight Gain!
- Beauty Is a Lifestyle, Not a Mask—Plan Your Natural Beauty Routine
- Easy At Home Natural DIY Deodorant Recipe
- Why We Should Let Our Underarms Detoxify
- The Beauty Detox Power
- Radical Beauty
- Glow Bio Cleanses
Sarah Ribner Interview
Other Podcasts you may enjoy!:
- A Good Night’s Sleep Is More Beautifying Than You May Think! [BIO Podcast: Ep.17]
- Elevate Your Mind with Drew Canole & Invisible Causes of Weight Gain [BIO Podcast: Ep 75]
- The Power of Dreams With Kelly Sullivan Walden PT. 2 & The Coolest Way to Burn Fat [BIO Podcast: Ep 87]
- The Role Of Sugar With Michèle Hozer & The Truth About Belly Fat & Hormones! [BIO Podcast: Ep 103]
With love and gratitude,