Kale is an incredible beauty superfood that is one of my personal favorites. It is packed with phytochemicals, fiber and chloropyll, a major blood builder. The cleaner the blood the more beautiful we are.
Instead of cooking it, it can be tenderized with lemon and other dressing ingredients and made into a salad. I eat this hearty, delicious salad for part of dinner at least several nights a week. This incredible salad provides a substantial mix of protein-building amino acids, enzymes, minerals (including important ones found in sea vegetables), and antioxidants.
- 1 head lacinato kale
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 small avocado
- 3 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 handful sprouts, any kind
- 1 tomato, cubed
- Juice of a lemon
- 1-2 Tbs. dulse flakes (totally optional)
- Handful of dill, parsley or cilantro, or combination (optional)
- Tear the kale leaves off the stem and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Core and scrape out the avocado flesh into the bowl, and massage the kale with the avocado and lemon juice.
- Mix in the nutritional yeast and cayenne pepper.
- Then, mix in the sprouts, tomato and dulse flakes, herbs of choice and add a little more sea salt, if desired.